ShoreTel Sky Contact Center
ShoreTel Sky Contact Center extends contact center functionality, for managing client contact and customer interactions, to a company's entire enterprise system. Because this functionality is bundled and integrated with the ShoreTel Sky hosted, managed VoIP phone system, our customers have no need to treat their call centers like separate islands anymore.
To view Release Notes for ShoreTel Sky Contact Center, see the associated Release Notes article.
The ShoreTel Sky Contact Center User Manual can be viewed and downloaded in PDF format by clicking here.
Table of Contents
- Configurable Elements: Queues, Agent & Supervisor Permissions, Call Flows, Users, Views/Permissions, Evaluation Forms
- Conditional Routing
- Unlimited Queues
- PSTN Based Agents
- Managed (IP Phone) Profile
- Recent IE, Firefox, or Chrome browser
Accessing ShoreTel Sky Contact Center
To access ShoreTel Sky Contact Center, use the link below for the specific "SCC" cluster used for your account, and log in with your 10-digit phone number and voicemail password. Note that only Agents and Supervisors are enabled to log into ShoreTel Sky Contact Center:
- SCC: http://cfi.shoretelsky.com
- SCC2: http://scc2.shoretelsky.com
- SCC3: http://scc3.shoretelsky.com
- SCC4: http://scc4.shoretelsky.com
Accessing ShoreTel Sky Contact Center Reports
See the ShoreTel Sky Contact Center Reports article.
Creating a new ACD Queue
While it is possible for supervisors to add an ACD Queue, additional configuration is required to create the queue and put it in production. To add a new ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) Queue to your ShoreTel Sky Contact Center service, please do the following:
- Create a Support Case to communicate your request to our client programming team. If needed, include a request for the specific charges that will be applied to each user added to your new ACD Queue.
- Provide a list of queue users who will need to share the voicemail that is configured for each new ACD Queue that is created.
- Access ShoreTel SCC Queue Questionnaire to download a questionnaire spreadsheet. Review the information in all three tabs of the Excel file and complete all of the questions.
- Email the completed questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the questionnaire, contact ShoreTel Sky Support.
Editing an ACD Queue
ACD Queues can be edited within the Provisioning > Queues menu by clicking the "Edit" link corresponding to the ACD Queue you wish to make changes to. From within the ACD Details menu, supervisors are able to make changes to queue settings, manage queue membership, edit hold treatments, and set up alerts.
Deleting an ACD Queue
While it is possible for supervisors to delete an ACD Queue, it is best to do the following so our client programming team can review and analyze your call flow to ensure that deleting the ACD Queue will not have of any adverse effects on your ShoreTel Sky Contact Center service.
- Create a Support Case to communicate your request to our client programming team.
- What is the name of the ACD Queue you want deleted? Note that deleted queues are set to close at the end of the current billing cycle.
- After the queue is deleted, where should calls to the existing queue's main line number be forwarded? If you do not want calls to the existing queue's phone number forwarded, let us know and we can just unassign the queue from the account.
- Do any existing queue users need to be deleted or moved to another queue?
Adding ACD Seats (Members)
- Click the "Add a New Member" button, which displays a pop-up menu that allows an administrator to select a device or agent from a drop-down menu.
- Set the Priority number for the new member.
- Click the "Save" button to complete the addition and the new device/agent will be added to the ACD members
Assigning a Hold Treatment
- From the Queue Details page, scroll down to "Hold Treatments"
- Choose a command from the "Add Command" drop-down menu located in the bottom right corner of the page
- Follow the prompts to assign your desired treatment
Uploading File to Audio Library for Hold Treatments
- From the Navigation Bar choose the Resources menu > Audio Library menu option
- Click "Add New Entry"
- Input description and upload file using the "browse" field
- Click Save/Upload
Creating ACD Seats (Users)
To add and configure new ACD Seats (Supervisor or Agent users), do the following:
- Ensure that each new user has a Managed Profile in your ShoreTel Sky phone system.
- Create a Support Case to communicate your request to our client programming team. If needed, include a request for the specific charges that will be applied to each user (ACD Seat) that you want added to an ACD Queue.
- For each new user, indicate the user's name and whether the user should be set as an Agent or Supervisor.
- For each new user, specify the name of the existing ACD Queue where you want to assign the user.
After you click "Edit" for an individual user, you can change any of the settings.
Creating an Overflow User
Creating an overflow user enables customers to opt-out of the queue and leave a message at a general voicemail box to be called back at a later time. These callers are redirected to another queue and "agent/device" where they leave the messages. Overflow users have no permissions because they are not really users.
- Depending on the Queue setting, the Agent will receive a CRM Lite screen-pop either when they answer a call from the queue or when the call ends
- The CRM Lite screen-pop contains the following data/fields:
- Start Date/Time - Timestamp showing the start of the call
- Duration - Always displays "Ongoing," even if configured as a Call End screen-pop
- Caller ID - Also known as ANI
- ACD Queue - The Queue from which the call originated
- CDR Custom Fields - These fields are displayed in the order they are provisioned
- Notes - Field for the Agent to enter notes related to the call
- Note: An Agent will remain in "Busy" state until the CRM Lite screen-pop is saved
- All CDR Custom Fields appear as search options in the History > Calls Search menu to help filter call searches
- CDR Custom Fields can appear as search results in the results table if the "Search Result" option was selected when provisioning the CDR Custom Field
- Information saved in CRM Lite is attached to the CDR record and will appear when viewing Call Details for a specific call record
ShoreTel Sky Contact Center supports up to 60 queues per customer account.
Q: My Agents cannot accept calls without pressing 1. How do I disable this?
A: Check the ACD/Queue Details page to see if the "Require Agent Confirmation" check box is selected. Selecting this option will require agents to press "1" to accept the call. Failure to press "1" will cause the call to skip to the next agent/device in line.
Q: How are Agents assigned an "Unauthorized Break" status?
A: An agent is sent to an Unauthorized Break when they are logged into an ACD, but take no action on the call. For example, they do not reject the call but do not accept the call either.
Q: What if an Agent is a part of multiple ACD queues, how will Contact Center display their status on the Dashboards?
A: If the agent is a member of multiple ACD queues, the agent activity and status for each ACD will be displayed.
Q: Where do I find audio files for Whisper Announcements?
A: Whisper Announcements utilize audio files from the Audio Library, which can be accessed by Admin users in the Resources menu. Additionally, if you are using the Confirm Announcement in conjunction with the Whisper Announcement, the recording needs to include instructions to "press 1 to accept the call".
Q: What is an Unauthorized Break?
A: With this feature, if an agent rejects a call he or she will be placed into an Unavailable state and will not be sent any additional calls until they Go Ready on the Agent Control Panel. The system default setting is set using System Config under the Resources Menu, but can be overridden for each individual ACD.
- The Supervisor Dashboard can generally support a maximum of 60 queues. By default, each Supervisor is enabled to view every queue and every agent for their instance of ShoreTel Sky Contact Center. If you have more than 60 queues that have many agents in most of the queues, you will experience performance issues in your Supervisor Dashboards.
- Calls that are received and distributed through ShoreTel Sky Contact Center cannot be parked (placed on hold and answered by another phone). Calls processed by ShoreTel Sky Contact Center and placed on hold must be taken off hold using the same phone.
- Transfer Issues - When transferring an inbound queue call, if the transfer fails or the recipient hits ignore, the agent transferring the call becomes stuck in busy status. During both a warm and cold transfer for inbound queue calls, the two agents can talk during the transfer, but the inbound call is dropped. The use of softphones may be a factor for this issue.
- Graphs Disabled - When running a report, if more than 5 queues are selected, graphs will be disabled for that report.
- Unavailable State - When an agent rejects a call and is placed into the "Unavailable" state, the agent will not receive another call until they are set to "Go Ready", either by themselves or by a supervisor.
- Agent Performance - These reports cannot be saved.
- Time Zones - For dashboard graphs, the display times are currently based on the time zone settings on the master server.
- 'Queues' Dashboard: Incorrect 'In Queue' Statistics - The 'In Queue' count reported on the 'Queues' dashboard may sometimes not correlate with the actual data presented on the 'Queue Calls' dashboard. The following are two examples:
- The 'In Queue' count line on a graph never drops below one, even when there are no callers waiting in the queue.
- The 'Longest Wait' timer is over 6 hours, when it's highly unlikely that a caller is waiting in the queue that long.
- 'Queues' Dashboard: Incorrect 'Connected' Statistics - The 'Connected' count reported on the 'Queues' dashboard may sometimes not correlate with the data presented on the 'Queue Calls' dashboard. To validate this, compare the 'Connected' count as reported on the 'Queues' dashboard with the count of calls in the 'Connected' status on the 'Queue Calls' dashboard.
- 'Glance' Dashboard: 'Oldest Call' Timer - On the 'Glance' dashboard, queues may sometimes display an 'Oldest Call' timer value even when the 'In Queue' column is reporting zero, which indicates there are no calls to be timed.
- Agent and Caller Audio Recordings Out of Synch - Some customers may experience problems with out of synch audio when listening to recorded calls. For example, the audio for the agent may sometimes not exactly match the audio for the caller.
When you save a report, if no dialog box appears, you may have to scroll down the page to see the Save Report dialog.
ShoreTel Sky Contact Center Reporting
ShoreTel Sky Contact Center Release Notes
ShoreTel Sky Contact Center Data Retention Policy
ShoreTel Sky Contact Center User Manual
Training Webinars for ShoreTel Sky Contact Center
ShoreTel Sky Support
ShoreTel Sky Portal
Created Date 2013-05-14 - Modified Date 2017-06-15