ShoreTel is now part of Mitel! Powering Connections ® that are Brilliantly Simple ®.
This article provides information about the TFTP/Config Server addresses for all instances (clusters) used for programming 400 series IP phones and Cisco 7900 series IP phones in your ShoreTel Sky phone system.
Table of Contents
TFTP, which stands for Trivial File Transfer Protocol, is an IP address setting used to reboot phones when a phone requests a download of its configuration file and firmware. Note that Cisco phones refer to this IP address as the "TFTP" setting, while 400 series phones refer to this IP address as the "Config Server" setting.
Use the table below to determine the correct TFTP/Config Server addresses and the Server/API Port Number required to program your phones. These TFTP/Config Server IP addresses and port numbers are organized by the instance (cluster) assigned to your organization. In the table below, "TFTP/Config Server 1" addresses are primary and "TFTP/Config Server 2" addresses are secondary to provide geographic redundancy failover capabilities. A phone utilizes these IP addresses to reboot after an outage or other interruption of phone service. The port number indicates the firewall port that needs to be accessed on each customer's server. Your IT personnel or IT partner should ensure that the port number for your instance (cluster) is not blocked on your firewall or computer. Configure firewalls to allow inbound/outbound traffic as indicated below:
- Proxy.m5net.com:8XXX TCP (where 8XXX is the Server/API Port Number for the instance (cluster) assigned to your organization.
Each customer's ShoreTel Sky phone system is connected to a specific server known as an instance (formerly known as a cluster). Authorized Contacts can identify the instance (cluster) for their account from the Account Details screen in the ShoreTel Sky Portal. For more information, see the Account Facts section of our Account Details article. If you still have questions about the instance that is assigned to your account, contact your ShoreTel Sky Account Manager or ShoreTel Sky Support.
|Instance (Cluster)||Primary TFTP/Config Server 1||Secondary TFTP/Config Server 2||Server/API|
To access instructions for changing the TFTP/Config Server IP address on your phone, click the link below that corresponds to the phone model you are using:
- Remote Phone - When using a phone at your home office or other remote location, you will need to verify that your primary "TFTP" or "Config Server" address is set correctly.
- Live CD - On occasion, your phone may have issues connecting to the correct firmware. If this happens, you can ship the phone to ShoreTel Sky Support to be upgraded. Optionally, if you are using a Cisco phone, you can download a Firmware Upgrade from our Live CD article.
- Data Network Best Practices Guide - Requirements for the ShoreTel Sky hosted local customer network environment.
- ShoreTel Sky Support - If you have any issues with TFTP or Config Server settings, contact ShoreTel Sky Support.
- ShoreTel Sky Portal - For information about navigating the online portal where ShoreTel Sky features and services are managed.
- Support Cases - To request changes or resolve issues to communicate information to ShoreTel Sky Support.
Created Date 2013-04-15 - Modified Date 2017-04-25