ShoreTel Sky Softphone Installation, Configuration, and Log In
ShoreTel is now part of Mitel! Powering Connections ® that are Brilliantly Simple ®.
For an overview, requirements, and other useful information, see the ShoreTel Sky Softphone article.
Table of Contents
Use the following instructions to download and install the ShoreTel Sky Softphone.
Note: If you click the link in step 1 below and experience an error (normally indicated as an "RSL Error"), please see our Downloading Files Issues article.
- Download the current installation file, ShoreTel Sky Softphone 188.8.131.528.exe from the Public Facing Attachment at the bottom of this article.
- What happens next depends on the type and version of the browser being used to download the file (Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.).
- If a pop-up dialog box appears, select the Save option and open the saved ShoreTel Sky Softphone 184.108.40.2068.exe file.
- If instead, the file is automatically downloaded to your computer and/or displayed in the downloads bar at the bottom of your browser window, locate and open the ShoreTel Sky Softphone 220.127.116.118.exe file.
- If you did not (or were not able to) choose the Save option described above, navigate to the "Downloads" folder on your computer (where downloaded files are normally saved), and open the ShoreTel Sky Softphone 18.104.22.1688.exe file.
- The ShoreTel Sky Softphone Setup wizard opens.
- Click the "Next" button. (See Figure 1 below.)
- Select the "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" option and click the "Next" button. (See Figure 2 below.)
- Select the desired check box(es) for shortcut creation and click the "Next" button. (See Figure 3 below.)
- Accept the default installation folder or browse to select a custom installation folder, then click the "Next" button. (See Figure 4 below.)
- Click the "Install" button to begin the installation. (See Figure 5 below.)
- Click the "Launch ShoreTel Sky Softphone" check box, then click the "Finish" button when installation is complete. (See Figure 6 below.)
Note: A license key, which can be obtained from ShoreTel Sky Support, is required for installing a ShoreTel Sky Softphone on a computer. This license may be installed on only one computer, but the softphone can be used by any number of users on that computer. If you need to utilize a ShoreTel Sky Softphone on another computer or move a license from one computer to another, please create a Support Case to communicate your request to ShoreTel Sky Support.
Installation Screen Capture Images
After installing the softphone application, you can access the associated release notes at the following location on your computing device:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoretel Sky Softphone\Documentation
The configuration wizard will run automatically the first time you run the ShoreTel Sky Softphone. It can be accessed anytime by selecting "Settings" and then "Configuration Wizard" from the ShoreTel Sky Softphone.
- Run the ShoreTel Sky Softphone (click or double-click the ShoreTel Sky Softphone shortcut icon).
- Select the ShoreTel Sky server associated with your account. (See Figure 1 below.)
- Note: Your ShoreTel Sky server is the voice instance (cluster) assigned to your account. Authorized Contacts can identify the instance (cluster) for their account from the Account Details screen in the ShoreTel Sky Portal. See the Account Facts section of our Account Details article for more information. If your instance (cluster) is not listed in the ShoreTel Sky server menu, see the TFTP/Config Server article to obtain and manually enter the TFTP (IP address) associated with your instance (cluster).
- Click the "Ok" button.
Configuration Screen Capture Images
- Enter your full 10-digit phone number into the "Subscriber" field.
- Enter your phone/voicemail PIN into the "Password" field.
- Click the "Accept" button.
- To log out, close the ShoreTel Sky Softphone.
- You can also log out by selecting the Services button and selecting the "Log Out" option.
To register your ShoreTel Sky Softphone, complete the steps outlined below:
- Select Help > Register Software
- Enter your first and last name in the indicated fields.
- Enter your company name in the "Company" field.
- Enter your email address in the "Email" field.
- Enter your registration key in the "Serial Number" field.
- Click OK.
If you do not wish to register your phone immediately, you can use the ShoreTel Sky Softphone for 30 days for free, but will need to purchase a license to continue using the softphone. To register during or after the 30 day trial, select "Help" and then "Register Software."
Public Facing Attachment
- Shoretel Sky Softphone 22.214.171.1248.exe [13,110 KB]
Created Date 2013-03-26 - Modified Date 2017-10-02