Managing User Groups
Each user in your organization is assigned to a user group. User groups determine hold music, telephony settings, voicemail settings, and call settings for all users in a group.
Some system-level user groups are included for your account; these user groups cannot be edited or deleted. However, if you are a ShoreTel Connect CLOUD Decision Maker or account-level Phone Manager, you can create and configure custom user groups. You can also create a copy of an existing user group to edit and save. For information about assigning a user to a user group, see Editing Phone Settings.
Viewing a List of User Groups
You can view a list of User Groups for your organization.
The following information is displayed for each user group on the User Groups page of the ShoreTel Connect portal:
- Name - the name of the user group
- Profile Type - the profile type the user group applies to
- Created - the date the user group was created
- System Level - displays whether or not the user group is a system-level user group; system-level user groups cannot be edited or deleted
To view a list of user groups:
- Log in to the ShoreTel Connect Portal.
- On the Phone System menu, click User Groups.
- To filter the list, do one of the following:
- Type your filter criteria in the search field on the toolbar.
- Type your filter criteria under the appropriate column heading.
Created Date 2016-08-12 - Modified Date 2017-07-31