Using Silent Coach
Silent Coach enables a ShoreTel Connect CLOUD user (the initiator) to intervene in another user’s active call and communicate with that user (the recipient). The initiator can speak to the recipient and listen to all other participants on the call. The recipient is the only call participant that can hear the initiator.
The ability of a user to initiate or receive Silent Coaching is determined by the user group that the user is assigned to. For information about enabling Silent Coach for a user group, see Managing User Groups.
The following are details about Silent Coach Behavior:
- Silent Coach allows the initiator to switch between Silent Monitor, Barge In, and Silent Coach functions for the same call.
- Silent Coach sessions are initiated through a ShoreTel IP Phone programmable button.
- The initiator of a Silent Coach session can change the session to a Silent Monitor or Barge In session. Silent Monitor sessions can be changed into a Silent Coach sessions.
- The recipient can place the original call on hold to engage in a two-way conversation with the Silent Coach initiator. At the end of this conversation, the user can resume or terminate the original call.
- Silent Coach cannot be initiated with a user who is on a conference call.
- A call with an active Silent Coach session cannot be transferred or converted to a conference call.
- The recipient cannot record calls while Silent Coach is active.
Configuring Shared Call Appearances
Configuring Associated Bridged Call Appearances
Configuring Bridged Call Appearances
Using Call Move
Using Silent Monitor
Using Whisper Page
Configuring Call History Privacy
Editing Call Routing Settings
ShoreTel Connect Portal Documentation
Created Date 2016-08-12 - Modified Date 2017-08-07