Configuring Associated Bridged Call Appearances
Once SCA is enabled for a user, a Bridged Call Appearance (BCA) is created for the SCA extension. You can then configure another user’s IP programmable phone button with the BCA, allowing the user to manage calls on the SCA extension. This type of BCA is an Associated Bridged Call Appearance (aBCA). For information about SCA, see Configuring Shared Call Appearances.
A user answers a BCA call by pressing a ShoreTel IP phone button that is assigned to a BCA call stack position. ShoreTel IP phone buttons that answer calls are configured to handle calls to a specific call stack position of a BCA. A button can be programmed for each position in the call stack.
Configuring an IP Phone Button for an aBCA Extension
In order for a user to monitor another user’s SCA, the monitoring user must have an IP button programmed for BCA. BCA buttons are configured to answer calls at a specific stack position.
- Log in to the ShoreTel Connect Portal.
- On the Phone System menu, click Users.
- In the Service/Phone Name column, click the service/phone name for the user for whom you want to monitor another user’s BCA.
The Phone Settings page for the selected user is displayed.
- Select the Prog Buttons tab.
- Click the subtab for the phone or button box for which you want to program a button for BCA.
- Select the line button you want to configure.
The parameters for the selected line button are displayed to the right of the line buttons table.
- Under Prog Button Settings, do the following:
- In the Type drop-down list, select All or Telephony.
- In the Function drop-down list, select Bridged Call Appearance.
- In the Long Label and Short Label fields, type a label to appear next to the button on the phone LED display to remind the user of the button’s function, as follows:
- The Short Label field applies to most ShoreTel multiple-line phones and can be up to 6 characters, but only the first 5 characters display on most phones; the ShoreTel BB24 and IP212k can display 6 characters.
- The Long Label field applies to the ShoreTel IP655, IP480, IP480g, IP485g, and BB424 models.
- In the Bridge Call Appearance drop-down list, select the BCA created for the SCA user to assign to the button.
- Enter the desired information for each parameter as described in the BCA Button Parameters table below.
- Click Save.
Configuring Shared Call Appearances
Configuring Bridged Call Appearances
Using Call Move
Using Silent Coach
Using Silent Monitor
Using Whisper Page
Configuring Call History Privacy
Editing Call Routing Settings
ShoreTel Connect Portal Documentation
Created Date 2016-08-12 - Modified Date 2017-07-24