Network Best Practices for Mitel Connect CLOUD
The purpose of this application note is to summarize the requirements for the Mitel hosted local customer network environment.
The attached PDF documents the use of data networking best practices for the Mitel Connect CLOUD 1.X platform (and to a lesser extent, the legacy ShoreTel Sky platform). Network Administrators must consider a multitude of complex configuration tools and networking parameters when designing a small or large-scale local area network (LAN) and also remotely connected sites over a wide area network (WAN).
With regard to VoIP, essential tools include the use of Virtual LANs (VLANs) and Quality of Service (QoS) configurations to virtually guarantee voice quality over a “best effort” data network. Please refer to your network equipment manufacturer’s documentation in order to apply the ideas and concepts presented in this document to your specific equipment and environmental needs.
The PDF attached below includes the following topics:
- Selecting Data Networking Equipment for a Mitel Connect Deployment
- Customer Site Cable Plant Requirements
- Designing VLANs for VoIP
- Configuring VLANs for IP Phones
- Configuring Automatic IP Phone VLAN Assignment: LLDP-MED
- Designing Quality of Service
- Configuring Quality of Service - Single Site
- Configuring Quality of Service - Multiple Sites
- Using Cisco Auto-QoS
- Packet Captures
- What About Disaster Recovery
- Off-Net Firewall Best Practices
- 3rd Party MPLS DHCP Scope and QoS Best Practice
- Power Over Ethernet
- Configuring Cisco SB Switch Settings - Auto Smartport & EEE
- AN3269_Data Network Best Practices.pdf [13,930 KB]
Created Date 2015-10-06 - Modified Date 2017-10-04