How to Find out Why ShoreTel Outlook Integration Plugins are Not Loading
How do I enable VSTO error / display alerts
The following windows environment variable can be set for enabling detailed Outlook and VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) error messages when loading VSTO add-ins.
The 'VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS' windows environment variable can be set for enabling detailed Outlook and VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) error messages when loading VSTO add-ins.
Steps to set the VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS variable
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Select Computer Properties:
- Click Windows Start
- Right-click on Computer and select 'Properties'
- Locate System Properties dialog by selecting 'Advanced System Setting'
- Select environment variables
- Select 'New' and enter 'VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS' with a value of zero (0).
- Click 'OK' and restart Microsoft Outlook
- Go to Options\AddIns in Outlook and try and enable the ShoreTel Addin. You should now get the full error of why the add-in is not loading:
- You will get a pop-up that displays an error and why the add-in is not loading.
- If you do not get a pop-up, then try restarting Outlook after you enable the plugin.