Connect CLOUD - How to Page
The page feature is used to send an audio message directly to a subset of phones. This is different from intercom, whisper paging and overhead paging. Paging groups are configured in portal and assigned a partition unique extension.
Page from physical phone:
Send a paging message to a paging group requires the following steps:
- The paging group extension is dialed from a phone.
- The paging message is recorded, and the call is ended.
- The paging group server attempts to play the message on each affected extension.
Note: There is a page programmable option button. This does not work for Connect CLOUD. This feature creates a "speed dial" that goes directly to the overhead paging extension configured on HQ. Unlike the legacy ShoreTel Sky system, no star-code is needed before placing a page.
Delivering a Paging Message and Limitations:
- When a paging message is delivered to an on-hook IP phone, the message is played through the speaker on that phone.
- When a paging message is delivered to an IP phone or analog phone that is on an active call, the page is treated as a normal call.
- Call routing does not apply to paging calls.
- The maximum number of extensions that can be paged at one time is 100.
- Paging is not available to external callers.